E.W. Bowman has established themselves as world leaders in the manufacture of high quality Annealing and Decorating Lehrs for the global glass industry.
This began in 1959 when under the ownership and direction of Combustion Engineer, Edward William Bowman we started out as an engineering and general fabrication company. Soon after, Bowman began to manufacture and supply their own design and brand of Annealing Lehrs to the glass container industry. Their very first Lehr, sold that year, is still operational today at a small art glass company located in West Virginia.
Today, more than 1,200 Bowman Lehrs are operating on six continents, in over 56 countries. Bowman is the preferred Lehr for glass containers, tableware and lighting manufacturers worldwide.
In May 2017 Henry F. Teichmann, Inc. proudly announced its acquisition of the Bowman Brand and Bowman became a division of Henry F. Teichmann, Inc. further strengthening its position in the global glass industry.