HFT is a world leading Specialty Engineering and Construction Contractor focused on providing project solutions in the glass industry. Over the past seven decades, we have forged strong partnerships and designed and built state of the art, efficient, high-quality industrial glass manufacturing plants around the world. Our clients specialize in the manufacturing of various glass products such as float glass, beverage glass, fiberglass, and sodium silicate.
We are solutions focused and support all stages of a project from the initial development phase and finance sourcing, through preconstruction, international equipment and material procurement, to design-build general contracting and project execution.
About the Job
HFT is seeking an experienced Construction Manager with strong leadership abilities to join our team. As Construction Manager you will have the lead role in managing the execution of all phases of our projects. This will include repairs, rebuilds and new construction.
As Construction Manager you will be responsible to provide leadership for multiple aspects of construction including costs, planning, scheduling, engineering, estimating support, supervision and management of personnel. The role will also include supporting design teams with constructability reviews and other design implementation support. Daily activities will include coordinating, scheduling, and reporting project activities related to stakeholder management and project communications and ensuring that all appropriate technical standards are applied during the project implementation. Other role accountabilities include:
- Position will be based out of the home office, with travel as required for pre-bid walks and project site support
- Development of preferred vendors and subcontractors for various scope of work
- Collaborate with HFT Estimators and Senior Leadership to prepare estimates and bid proposals
- Establish and manage development of project budgets and incorporation into HFT Cost Accounting system
- Review and determine staffing requirements for project teams
- In conjunction with HFT procurement, assure timely buyout, shop drawing approval and material delivery
- Work with Project Scheduler to develop and maintain the project schedule
- Coordination with HFT yard and warehouse for mobilization and demobilization
- Develop and maintain good relationship with client, subcontractors, and vendors
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting of cost and schedule to management
- Ensuring all deliverables and constructed work are in conformance with the quality standards set forth in the contract documents
- Work with project team to avoid or mitigate claims and conflict
Educational and experience requirements include four-year engineering degree or equivalent, plus extensive, fifteen or more years’ experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management required. Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance. Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
Industrial construction experience is preferred.