- Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its “Core Values.”
- Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.”
- Acquires limited knowledge and develops basic skills.
- Will actively work with mentor(s) to advance electrical knowledge and experience.
- Performs routine technical work which does not require previous experience.
- Acquires and understanding of professional and ethical standards.”
- Prepares drawings and other documents as needed.
- Performs basic electrical survey and data collection work.
- Possesses basic oral and written communication skills.
- Perform other related duties, as directed.
- Minimum BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Has and exhibits a “can do” attitude.
- Entry-level Engineer, no experience is required.
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering principles.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD is preferred.
- Cooperates with other team members; interacts with individuals at all organizational levels in professional manner.
- Exhibits excellent listening, oral and written skills.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills and ability to follow directions.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
Discipline Specific (under the mentor’s guidance)
- Prepare general electrical designs for plant facilities consisting of convenience receptacles, welding receptacles, and other miscellaneous equipment that consumes electrical power.
- Prepare electrical room layouts that show the location of electrical equipment inside buildings and rooms that meet the requirements of the national electric (NEC) code and local fire codes as applicable.
- Performs calculations, i.e., voltage drop, current in-rush, ground resistance, tray and conduit fill, conduit and cable sizing, etc.
- Develop and generate: Equipment Load Lists, Single Line Diagrams (SLD), Cable Schedules, Tray and Conduit Schedules, Interconnect Diagrams, Equipment Layout drawings with respect to NEC clearance requirements, etc.
- Learns and references National Electric Code (NFPA-70).
EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or category.