HFT is a world leading Specialty Engineering and Construction Contractor focused on providing project solutions in the glass industry. Over the past seven decades, we have forged strong partnerships and designed and built state of the art, efficient, high-quality industrial glass manufacturing plants around the world. Our clients specialize in the manufacturing of various glass products such as float glass, beverage glass, fiberglass, and sodium silicate.
We are solutions focused and support all stages of a project from the initial development phase and finance sourcing, through preconstruction, international equipment and material procurement, to design-build general contracting and project execution.
About the Job
HFT is seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join our team to work under the direction of our Project Manager. The Project Engineer will assist the onsite project team to plan, develop, coordinate, and manage onsite construction engineering activities for large, extensive projects.
- Ensure project-engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule.
- Develop, implement, and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents.
- Represent company, project and/or department during A/E, client, and project management meetings.
- Provide technical support for construction effort including participation in construction planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution and documentation of design conflicts; constructability reviews, etc.
- Interface all on‑site departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule.
- Assist project team to negotiate contract scope, terms and conditions for major purchase orders, and subcontracts.
- Assist project team with scope, pricing, and execution of any required change orders.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
Educational and experience requirements include: 4-year engineering degree or equivalent technical training and related experience. Minimum of 5 years similar construction engineering experience. Advanced knowledge of construction project execution, industry standards, and practices; plus, an in‑depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units required. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills plus demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines.