HFT is a world leading Specialty Engineering and Construction Contractor focused on providing project solutions in the glass industry. Over the past seven decades, we have forged strong partnerships and designed and built state of the art, efficient, high-quality industrial glass manufacturing plants around the world. Our clients specialize in the manufacturing of various glass products such as float glass, beverage glass, fiberglass, and sodium silicate.
We are solutions focused and support all stages of a project from the initial development phase and finance sourcing, through preconstruction, international equipment and material procurement, to design-build general contracting and project execution.
About the Job
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to lead the building construction of a large-scale, brownfield industrial project. The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing construction from initiation to completion, ensuring that the project is completed within scope, on time, and within budget. This role requires strong leadership, exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall delivery of the project’s construction and to ensure the successful delivery of the project scope. Generally, activities will include the following:
- Project Planning: Develop comprehensive project plans, including schedules, budgets, and resource allocation, ensuring alignment with client requirements and company objectives, as well as maintaining, updating and analyzing the project schedule during execution.
- Team Leadership: Coordinate, lead and motivate project teams, including contractors, procurement and logistics, subcontractors, safety, and other stakeholders, to ensure seamless project execution.
- Resource Management: Manage project resources effectively, including materials, equipment, and manpower, to optimize efficiency and minimize downtime.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies to prevent project delays or cost overruns. Proactively address any issues that may arise during construction.
- Contracts Management: Negotiate contract scope, terms and conditions for major purchase orders, and subcontracts.
- Communication: Facilitate clear and concise communication among team members, clients, and other stakeholders, providing regular updates on project progress and addressing concerns promptly.
- Budget and Cost: Monitor project budgets, track expenses, and implement cost-control measures to maximize profitability while delivering value to clients.
- Client Relationship Management: Foster strong relationships with clients, understanding their needs and expectations, and ensuring a high level of client satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle.
Educational and experience requirements include four-year Construction Management degree, engineering degree, or equivalent, ten years’ experience/knowledge of construction, design, and management required. Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance. Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
Experience with Autodesk Construction Cloud (Formerly Plangrid) will be beneficial.
Industrial construction experience is preferred.