HFT is a world leading Specialty Engineering and Construction Contractor focused on providing project solutions in the glass industry. Over the past seven decades, we have forged strong partnerships and designed and built state of the art, efficient, high-quality industrial glass manufacturing plants around the world. Our clients specialize in the manufacturing of various glass products such as float glass, beverage glass, fiberglass, and sodium silicate.
We are solutions focused and support all stages of a project from the initial development phase and finance sourcing, through preconstruction, international equipment and material procurement, to design-build general contracting and project execution.
About the Job
The Senior Estimator provides and/or coordinates full estimating services on a variety of projects for HFT. This estimator would have a solid general knowledge of ground up construction including both building and civil disciplines. A background in heavy power or industrial sectors would be preferred.
- Review and incorporate historical data from cost reports, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour cost for current estimates.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Provide complete conceptual or actual estimate by divisional AIA code and final estimating input on complex projects.
- Provide technical support to personnel preparing discipline estimates for assigned bids.
- Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures.
- Assist operations during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
- Track estimated cost vs. actual cost on awarded contracts as required – may include estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credit, procuring materials, etc.
- Other duties as assigned in support of the organization
- Ability to estimate all types of projects/contracts
- Leadership skills, proven ability to coordinate and supervise group work effort as required
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable presenting complex information to all levels within the organization and with clients.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze the most complex information, anticipate and resolve potential pitfalls, and make sound evaluations even with limited information. Able to use experience and expertise to inform current decisions.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of motivation and ability to take initiative
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines
- Willing and able to roll up your sleeves and get things done as well as know when the appropriate action is to escalate to management
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to handle criticism in a positive, productive way
- Possess a high standard of ethical conduct, a passion to pursue new and creative solutions and a resolute spirit
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent technical training and experience,
- 5 – 10 years estimating, cost control and/or engineering experience (at least 4 years estimating experience) in similar facility construction.